This recipe from The Crunchy Radish has become a new favorite, I almost ate the entire batch the first time I made them. But because I milled my own spelt flour and the recipe has no added sugar, I didn’t feel like I’d gone overboard. If you like bananas in your pancakes, you’ll enjoy these pancakes as well.
- 2 large, very ripe pancakes, smashed
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs, 2T ground flax with 1/2 cup water)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat, spelt or gluten-free flour of choice
- 1/4-3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine smashed banana with vanilla extract, rolled oats, coconut. Add eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour with salt, spices, baking powder. Add to wet ingredients.
- Start with 1/4 cup milk and continue adding until the ideal batter thickness is achieved.
- Warm griddle and brush with coconut oil. Add 1/4 scoops of batter, cook until bubbles appear and underside is lightly brown. Flip and cook other side. Serve with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, fresh fruit.