The beauty of this salad is that the vegetables are easily exchangeable. This evening, the winning combination was steamed broccoli and steamed Jersey sweet potatoes, though cauliflower would be great, as would brussels sprouts. I could also imagine myself adding arugula to the party!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked for 15 minutes with 2 cups of water
- 1-2 small Jersey sweet potatoes, or any other variety, steamed
- 1 small head of broccoli, steamed
- 1/2 green apple, chopped
- handful of raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Chop steamed broccoli, add to salad dressing.
- Add remaining salad items.